Through the promotion of the participation of the public and private sector, the aim of this symposium is to bring together binational federal, state, and local associates as well as the philanthropic community to create awareness of the priority health problems along the US-Mexico Border region, also to improve collaboration and the sharing of resources to renew the health conditions and access to medical care. Some of the actions of this symposium are:
- Provide the establishment of capacity for the development of the local and binational cooperation in border health.
- Provide a space for the exchange of information among the interest groups identified in the United States and Mexico, with greater focus on the US-Mexico border region.
- Improve cross-sector and cross-border communication and the knowledge of projects and programs on border health.
- Highlight the successful practices of binational health projects.
- Identify opportunities for binational collaboration in projects of mutual interest.